Best Treadmill For Home Under $500 Reviews 2021
The benefits of daily workouts are endless. Cardio can maintain your blood pressure, burns extra calories, and keeps you confident. Walking and running can minimize chronic pain, improve the appearance of your skin, and helps in getting better sleep. A treadmill is perfect for such exercises and good news; you can find a running machine without spending thousands of dollars.
Scroll down to check Weslo Cadence G 5.9, which is the best treadmill for a home under $500. It’s not the only one. We have nine other options available under $500 that works as good as an expensive model can.
Best Treadmill For Home Under $500 2021
|Weslo [Top Pick]||2.25 HP||250 pounds.|
|SereneLife||1.5 HP||265 pounds.|
|Exerpeutic||1.5 HP||400 pounds.|
|ProForm||2 HP||300 pounds.|
|XTERRA||2.25 HP||250 pounds.|
|Goplus||2.25 HP||265 pounds.|
|Sunny||2.25 HP||250 pounds.|
|Confidence||1.5 HP||265 pounds.|
|Merax||1.5 HP||240 pounds.|
Best Treadmill for Home Under $500 Reviews
If you are looking to purchase a treadmill for the office or home, then you can get some good options within $500. These affordable treadmills have strong motors, higher top speeds, and lots of useful features that can keep you fit.
1. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Best Treadmill for Home Under $500
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is the best treadmill under 500. You cannot expect a very high quality built at this price range. But, the robust does not disappoint us in terms of durability.
G 5.9 is one of the cheapest treadmills Available in the fitness industry. Plus, it has compact dimensions that are beneficial for users who own small workout space. Overall, if you are looking for an entry-level running machine without investing a high amount, then this machine deserves your attention.
Weslo Cadence is only suitable for walking because of three factors. It has a tread belt measuring 50 x 16 inches, which is not sufficient for runners. Then, a 2.25 HP motor and a top speed of 10 mph are good for walking and light jogging, but not for running.
The treadmill has 2 manual incline positions, which helps you to burn more calories. Changing the incline is easy, but it interrupts your workout. A blue-tinted LCD shows you the distance covered, speed, time, and calories lost. Moreover, there are six pre-installed training workout programs to keep you motivated.
Designed with comfort cell cushioning, the treadmill makes minimal impacts on your joints and muscles. It has a built-in pulse monitor that helps you to monitor the heart rate. Simply place your thumb on the sensor integrated on the console to see the results. Apart from that, the Weslo walking treadmill has a foldable frame, which is helpful if you have small storage space.
- Attractive fitness machine at an affordable price tag
- Pre-installed work out programs designed by professionals
- Compact and foldable for space-saving storage.
- The track is not suitable for runners
- Makes noise due to small rollers.
2. SereneLife Folding Best Inexpensive Treadmill
If you are a beginner and need some guidance to reach your workout goals, then take a closer look at the SereneLife treadmill. It comes with 16 preset workout programs that keep you on track. Also, the running machine comes with a 5-inch digital LCD that shows you the time, calories burned, distance and speed.
SereneLife fitness machine features inbuilt speakers, which is helpful when you want to add some entertainment to your workout. But, what makes this model impressive is Bluetooth connectivity. It is also compatible with FitShow App, which records your workout data, allows you to review it and share the same among friends.
Make your work out even more intense using its 3 level auto-incline. The running machine has compact dimensions, but it has a walking surface measuring 43. 30 x 15.75 inches. So, this unit can easily accommodate all the average-sized users.
The running machine has a 1.5 HP motor that generates a maximum speed of 7.5 mph. A digital LCD with touch controls shows you the distance, runtime, calories lost, and speed. Hence, you can track your progress without any hassles.
A heart rate monitor is another useful feature of the SereneLife folding treadmill. So, not only weight management and better sleep, but this model is perfect for cardio workouts as well. Apart from that, there is an integrated safety key takes makes sure that it stops automatically in case of an emergency.
The treadmill is easy to set up and you can configure it within 15 minutes, especially if you are an experienced user. As you can understand from its name, this treadmill is foldable. Its hydraulic folding mechanism is user-friendly and expands or collapses the frame without making much noise. These are the reasons why this model is also the best treadmill under 500.00.
- Compact and convenient to fold due to the hydraulic mechanism
- Adjustable speed settings help you to choose the right speed
- Bluetooth interface and compatibility with FitShow App.
- Not suitable for tall users.
3. Exerpeutic TF1000 Electric Affordable Treadmills For Home Use
Exerpeutic manufactures some of the best affordable treadmills for home use. TF1000 is a reliable entry-level running machine, which is very useful if you want to stay fit. This running machine could be the perfect investment for users living in small flats, because of its compact dimensions and foldable design.
As you can easily understand from the name, TF1000 is perfect for everyday walking. It has a durable built that remains at your assistance for a long. Moreover, the machine comes partially assembled. So, you can set it up for the first use within 30 minutes.
The walk to fitness treadmill comes with a walking space measuring 40 x 20 inches, which is sufficient for all the average sized users. Plus, it has 18-inch safety handrails that add to your safety. The handrails have integrated quick controls helpful for an uninterrupted workout.
An inbuilt LCD shows you the required workout data including time, calories lost, distance covered, and pulse rate. The information allows you to keep track of your progress. Apart from that, this treadmill offers 2 manual incline positions that are helpful when you want to boost calorie loss.
TF1000 has an inbuilt motor worth 1.5 HP, which works at a maximum of 4 mph. It does not make much noise when under operation. So, you can watch TV or listen to music while working out. Plus, the machine has a warranty of 5 years on its motor.
- Comes partially assembled. Hence, easy to set up
- Solid and robust frame to withstand up to 400 pounds
- Quick controls for convenient usage
- Two manual inclines for strength training
- Wide tread belt for a comfortable workout
- Foldable and has transportation wheels.
- A maximum speed of a mere 4 mph
- Lacks motorized incline.
4. ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill
ProForm Performance 300i is a compact and lightweight treadmill that comes with a walking area measuring 50 x 16 inches. It’s foldable and has an overall weight of 165 pounds. So, the fitness machine is perfect if you have less open space.
A Commercial Plus 2.0 HP motor powers this treadmill. Built with robust and long-lasting components the motor maintains its cool throughout your workout. Plus, it gives you a smooth walking or running experience but never creates much noise. The machine’s maximum speed is up to 10 mph, which is great for walking and jogging.
The fitness equipment comes with 16 pre-installed workout programs. Its automated incline of up to 10 percent is beneficial if you want to lose more weight. Moreover, this model has ProShox cushioning that reduces impacts on your joints.
ProForm treadmill comes with inbuilt speakers and an auxiliary port that allows you to enjoy music while working out. Its console is very traditional and simple to use. An LCD shows you all the workout-related data including speed, distance, calories lost, and time spent.
A warranty of 5 years on the frame adds more peace to your mind. Plus, it also has a 90 days’ warranty for parts & labor. Apart from that, the machine comes with a 90 days iFit trial membership that gives you access to unlimited workout videos. Now, that makes it the best treadmill under $500.
- High-quality ProShox cushioning for a comfortable workout
- Comes with inbuilt speakers
- Simple to use console
- 90 days of iFit subscription included
- Compact and foldable design that facilitates secure storage.
- Comparatively expensive.
5. XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Cheap Treadmill
XTERRA Fitness TR150 is one of the best treadmills under 500 dollars because it’s foldable and does simple things in a very stylish way. Its 2.25 HP motor looks impressive at this price tag. Due to a decent motor, this running machine has a maximum speed limit of 10mph and it never makes much noise under operation.
The treadmill has a walking space measuring 50 x 16 inches and its tread belt have XTRASoft deck cushioning technology for maximum impact absorption. Besides, it has 3 manual incline levels that add variety to your workout and helps you to strengthen the lower body parts.
An easy to read LCD tracks and shows all the workout-related data including speed, calories, distance, time, and pulse rate. The controls are simple and there are quick controls on the treadmill’s handlebar as well. There are a couple of accessory holders that hold a water bottle, your smartphone, music player, or any other belongings. Also, the running machine has 12 pre-installed workout programs.
Due to a foldable design, the treadmill is a solid choice for small home gyms. It has a robust and long-lasting steel frame. The maximum weight capacity of the unit is 250 pounds, which means it can easily accommodate all the average users.
The running equipment has a pulse monitor, which is helpful in cardiovascular workouts. It has a lifetime warranty in the frame, but the motor has only one year of warranty. Overall, Xterra Fitness TR150 is one of the best low cost treadmills. Try it if you want a healthy life without investing a high amount.
- An affordable option that offers the full worth of your investment
- Robust motor with a decent maximum speed
- Significant walking space to accommodate a wide range of users
- Direct access speed keys for convenient usage
- Pulse monitors.
- Inclines are manual.
6. Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
COVID-19 outbreak forced all of us to spent most of the time indoors, which eventually broke our fitness regime. Even now it’s not very safe to visit the gyms. It’s the primary reason why we present you the Goplus 2 in 1, which is the best budget treadmill under $500 for your office or home. No matter what’s happening in the outer world, you can still manage your weight using such a cost-effective and feature full running machine.
In case you are worried about open space while looking for a treadmill, then this model might be the right choice because it does not occupy much operational or storage area. The running machine can slip under your bed or the office desk because of its compact dimensions. This one does not needs much assembly and hence, it’s suitable for beginners.
A powerful 2.25 HP motor supplies all the juice to the Goplus treadmill. The motor is noiseless, which means you can complete your workout sessions without disturbing any other family members. Plus, its 7-layer shock absorption tread belt gives you effective cushioning and keeps your joints free from jerks.
The treadmill comes with inbuilt speakers and Bluetooth connectivity. It also has a remote control that can adjust the speed and stop the tread movement as per your requirements. The remote has only three buttons and it’s very easy to use.
Goplus treadmill has a LED display to show you the time, distance, calories lot, and distance. It has a maximum speed of 8.6 mph when the handrails are raised. The maximum pace reduces to 2.5 mph when the riser is collapsed.
- Easy to set up and convenient usage
- Powerful, yet quiet motor
- Slip-free and shock absorption tread belt
- Bluetooth interface and built-in speakers.
- A remote control is the only mode of operation. You cannot use the machine if it’s broken.
7. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill
Released by Sunny Health & Fitness, SF-T7515 is one of the best budget treadmills under $500 because of its affordable price and useful features. It has a 2.2 HP motor that generates a maximum speed of 8 mph. Then, the running machine has Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to stream and listen to some music while working out. Plus, you can also watch workout training videos on a tablet or smartphone using its inbuilt device holder.
The machine’s motor deserves special mention because it never overheats or makes additional noises. The treadmill comes with a 3 feet power cord and it’s an energy-efficient model. So, you don’t have to worry about the utility bills.
SF-T7515 smart treadmill has a robust steel frame that can withstand a maximum weight of up to 250 pounds. All the metal parts are finished with corrosion-resistant paint. Plus, it has 12 levels of automatic incline that’s useful for strength training and additional calorie loss.
The running machine does not have a modern LCD console, but you cannot call it outdated. The LED display with backlit is easy to read and some subsections can show multiple workout metrics at once. So, you can see all the workout-related data without scanning. Means, your speed, time, pulse, incline, distance, and calories lost are visible at once.
- Robust and long-lasting treadmill for long-lasting services
- Folding frame with a soft hydraulic mechanism
- Transport wheels for convenient movement
- High-quality shock absorption for an impact-free workout
- Bluetooth interface.
- A device placed on its holder covers quick speed controls, which can lead to inconvenience.
8. Confidence GTR Power Pro 1100W
If you are looking for a solid, but lightweight treadmill, then Confidence GTR Power Pro is one of the best treadmills under 500$. Looking at the price tag, the treadmill can be a perfect investment in case you are satisfied with a maximum speed of 7.5 mph. At this pace, it’s useful for all the individuals who prefer regular walking.
Confidence GTR Power Pro has a generous walking surface, which is sufficient for all the users of your family. It has 3 manual incline positions that are useful when you want to add some variety to your workout. You can also test your stamina and enjoy strength training using the incline levels.
A safety clip ensures you can stop the electric treadmill in case of any emergency. There is an LED display that showcases your distance covered, speed, calories lost, and pulse rate. This treadmill under 500 also includes 12 pre-installed workout programs.
The treadmill for runners on a budget features a 1.5 HP motor, which co-operates well during your walking sessions. It is easy to install and you can set it up for the first use within 30 minutes. Once ready, GTR Power Pro can withstand a maximum weight of 265 pounds.
The fitness machine has a foldable frame, which is beneficial for users living in a small flat. If you are confused among the multiple treadmills under $500, then Confidence GTR Power Pro 1100W might be the right investment.
- Easy to install
- A foldable frame makes it easy to store
- 3 incline levels to add variety to your workout sessions
- 12 preset workout programs.
- Not suitable for tall users because of limited walking space.
9. Merax Electric Folding For Runners On A Budget Treadmill
Are you looking for one of the best treadmills for running under 500? Try the Merax electric treadmill that has all the features, which makes it a reasonable consideration. One of the impressive features of this running machine is a user-friendly console with an LCD screen, aux port, and inbuilt speakers that amplify your workout.
The LCD screen deserves a round of applause because it’s big and hence, easy to read. Apart from an aux port, the treadmill’s console also has a USB port and a device holder. USB connector allows you to listen to the music from flash drives and it also charges a smartphone or tablet.
Merax treadmill is perfect for walkers and joggers with small strides because of its available workout space of 43.3 x 15.7 inches. The tread belt has an anti-slip texture that keeps you safe. Apart from that, its maximum speed is 7.5 mph.
The electric treadmill is a durable built and robust frame that can easily withstand long-distance walking or jogging sessions. Due to a strong construction, it has a maximum weight capacity of 240 pounds. Besides, 12 pre-set workout programs can satisfy all your fitness targets.
A strong 1.5 HP motor powers this electric running machine. This motor has enough juice for your workout, but it never works at high sound levels. Plus, it is energy-efficient and has high-temperature resistance. This means, overheating will never be a problem even if you are walking continuously for long distances.
If you want the best inexpensive treadmill for walking, then Merax has a high-quality option for your home gym. Don’t expect fancy features, but it’s the best you can find at this price tag.
- Affordable running machine
- Powerful motor that offers smooth and noiseless operation
- Anti-slip walking surface
- User-friendly LCD console with aux and USB ports.
- Compact tread belt that’s not suitable for tall users with long strides.
10. Sunny Health & Fitness 7700
Sunny Health & Fitness 7700 Asuna is one of the best folding treadmills that’s built around a steel frame. It is a manual machine that does not needs any electric outlet to operate. Apart from that, the unit has an incredible weight capacity of 440 pounds.
Asuna cardio trainer has a heavy-duty rubber made tread belt measuring 51 x 17.75 inches. The given space is sufficient to accommodate all the users up to 6 feet and 2 inches. Apart from that, the treadmill has ball bearings for smooth operation without making much noise.
Sunny Health & Fitness 7700 is the best inexpensive treadmill for home because of its excellent cushioning. So, it never makes many impacts on your ankles, knees, hip, or spine. Then, the running machine has 2 manual incline positions. However, you need to fold it to adjust the incline positions, which are available up to 10 degrees.
As this a manual model, you can run as fast you can. Plus, it has an 8 level manual magnetic resistance system. So, you can adjust the resistance to boost the workout intensity and develop your strength as well as stamina.
We mentioned earlier that you can fold the machine, which is helpful for users with less open space. It arrives in the folded positions as well as seeks little installation time. So, you can set it up within 10 minutes without facing any hassles.
- A robust and heavy-duty frame that can withstand up to 440 pounds
- Compact footprint and foldable design
- Transport wheels for easy relocation
- Multi-grip handlebars for a variety of workouts
- Integrated tablet holder
- Dual flywheel for smooth performance
- No power consumption.
- Need to fold the machine to adjust its incline.
Important Things to Consider When Buying a Treadmill
- Running Surface: One of the most important considerations is the available walking or running surface. Keep in mind that the models we discussed today are affordable treadmills for home use, so you might not find huge tread belts that are common in commercial grade running machines. Low-cost treadmills are generally available with a narrow ramp that might feel smaller than your gym.
- Different Preset Programs: Look for the best treadmill under 500 dollars that can offer some built-in workout programs. Most of the options we discussed have these training pieces. However, you should look for a model that offers a maximum number of programs. This guidance might not be as fancy when compared to expensive treadmills, but you can easily find something that can help weight loss and body toning.
- Adjustable Incline: This feature is generally not available in entry-level treadmills. Cheap treadmills never give you much control over inclines. But, things change when you are ready to invest around $500. In the above-mentioned inexpensive treadmill reviews, you will notice that some of the models have manual and even motorized incline positions.
The incline functionality differs according to the make and model. So, choose one of the best treadmills under 500 after checking its incline levels. You should also check whether it’s manual or motorized.
- An Adequate Motor: Unlike cheap treadmills, running machines available around $500 tends to offer decent motors with satisfactory power output. The average is 2 HP, which is fine if you are interested in walking. Look for a 2.5 HP motor even if you are planning to jog on the treadmill.
- Speeds Up To 10 mph For Running: The average speed of treadmills under $500 is 7.5 mph, which is fine if you want to walk. But, if you are a runner, then it’s better to choose something with a maximum speed of 10 mph.
- Space And Storage: After reading about the top ten best treadmills under 500$, you can easily understand that most of these models are foldable and hence, easy to store. Compact dimension and the folding frame is essential if you don’t have a dedicated home gym space.
A collapsible treadmill is also suitable if you are living in a small flat. So, you should choose a treadmill according to the available open space. Think about the storage space as well, especially if you don’t have a living room or any other area allocated only for exercising equipment.
- Reliability and Warranty: Are you a regular walker or runner? If yes, then it’s better to choose a treadmill manufactured by a reputable brand. Plus, you should also look for a model with at least 5 years of warranty. If you are running on the treadmill every day, then eventually it will need regular servicing and possible repairs. It’s where a warranty comes into the picture.
- Second-hand Purchase: Buying a used treadmill might be a cost-effective deal, but you don’t know its history. What was the usage conditions? How many repairs? And many other points that you can only guess. So, we recommend that you don’t go for second hand running machine. Try one of the best inexpensive treadmills that we discussed today.
No matter you prefer walking, jogging, or running, you can find the best treadmill for home under $500. Investing five hundred bucks on your health is an appreciable decision. But, make sure you don’t purchase something that doesn’t suit your requirements.
Today’s collection highlights the top ten best treadmills under 500$. These models are worth your time because they are selected after reviewing hundreds of affordable treadmills for home use. Refer to the points mentioned in the buying guide, in case you face confusion. Make a sensible purchase that can keep you fit and active, but does not takes much from your bank account.
You may also interest in